GSIS is a web-based data platform that provides key information focused on critical elements of the global steel industry. The GSIS combines the breadth of World Steel Dynamics’ unique database with a suite of powerful interactive tools that allow users to mine and analyze information related to global industry production costs, supply/demand dynamics, production capacity and international steel trade, among others. The all-encompassing suite of “real time” data tools enable decision makers, analysts, and advisors to find the inflection points in the ever changing structure of the industry.
- Customizable Cost Curve Analysis by product, date, plant location, cost component (labor, raw materials, energy, etc.) and more.
- Monthly update of key cost drivers
- “What if” sensitivity analysis capability
- Dynamically generated “reference” plants
- Historical “snapshot” comparisons
- Customized geographic cost curves/rankings